Using Less Methods: Energy 2
Once the school is used to the simplest methods of Using Less Energy we can start to look at other ways of reducing energy consumption around the school.
- Turn down the brightness on all televisions, computers and smart boards around the school.
- Unplug your laptop charger when your laptop is fully charged. Using the battery will not only save energy, it will also improve the long-term life of the battery.
- Put signs next to kettles encouraging people to only boil the amount of water they actually need.
- In the laundry, switch the washing machine temperatures down to 30°C.
- Only wash clothes when there are enough clothes to fill a whole washing machine.